Monday, November 16, 2009

Jere 51-52

This is it, the end of the road for Babylon.
Jeremiah writes it all down for Seraiah to read and then cast away, when he come to Babylon.
In comes Nebuchadrezzar to destroy everything in Jerusalem. He crumbles the pillars and robs the churches. He takes some of the poor that were left last time. Leaves the poorest of those guys however. So if you're left you are supa po.
In the end the king allows the king of Judah out of jail. He even allows his to hang out with him a bit.
And that's the end of Jeremiah. I felt it started strong and ended sorta weak.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think it's important to note the difference between the way Zedekiah was treated and the way the King of Judah was treated.

I'd like to know what you mean by started strong and ended weak.

Whendsome said...

I just meant that I liked this book at the start. I had high hopes for Jeremiah, I thought his way of speaking to people was better than most other phrophets. Also the fact the God saw fit to use him at such a young age, I felt was a telling insight into his ability.