Saturday, November 21, 2009

E 16-17

Israel is a horrible, harlot of a wife. Chapter 16 is a big huge long metaphor of Israels rise and fall as a great nation. She plays the part of harlot wife to Gods gracious husband.
In the end he forgives her and takes her back, under one condition. She must never open her big mouth again.
Then God feels like these people are ready for a riddle. I want to go on the record as saying that I don't feel like they are ready for a riddle.
He feels they are and He's the boss so E delivers the riddle. We aren't even given the chance to figure it out as the book presumes we need (help).
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE a riddle nd refuse to be told the answer until I am given at least a few days to think about it. I am currently the undisputed laffy taffy riddle champion of...? Um...all the world? Yes! All the world.
I digress, the riddle is all about the end of Israel. Surprise, surprise.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I like the way 17 ends. Something like, The Lord has spoken it, and He will do it. Now there's a little mini-lesson. Do what you say you're going to do.

Tomorrow is Ez. 18-19