Saturday, March 27, 2010

Revelation 1-3

Oh my goooooodness we are getting so close to the end and I'm starting to freak out and avoid the readings out of a desperate need to keep from reaching the end.

The thing is that I feel so close to this blog, almost like its one of my kids. I've seen this little white box almost ever single day for 301 days. I've blogged from 3 of the Florida Keys, Austin and Houston, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, in the car, in my bed, sitting quietly in my living room at 5:30 in the morning, outside, state parks, my camper...the list goes on and on....

I shall also miss the "ib" text I sent to announce that the deed had bean done, and I will miss anticipating the reciprocal text I get. I will miss the excitement of a new book, especially one I know nothing of. I will miss meeting all of these new people and realizing that through them I learn who I am.

This has been an amazing journey that I got to take with an amazing person who stuck by me and encouraged me through the really difficult times. The times when I was just about ready to throw in the towel and call it quits, he told me to just be patient. And I did. Even when I doubted myself, he never did. I now thank God every single day for bringing such a person into my life. I'm still not sure why I was chosen to receive such a gift but....so be it.


And now Revelations: John was the lucky guy who got to receive this news. Jesus visits him with a bunch of lamps. Seven lamps and seven stars and seven churches. (7's prime you know). I am the Alpha and the Omega the Beginning and the End, such amazingly powerful words, right?! I am everything, all encompassing...

"And I will give him the Morning Star"

"He who is able to hear" These I guess are the true believers, these are the people who will be able to hear what He says when He makes his grand reentance into the physical world?

2:19 I know your record and what you are doing, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your recent work are more numerous and greater than your first ones. I adore the idea of "patient endurance" thats what it took for me to get to where I am today, its what Jamie encouraged.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Pleasanty surprised, I am. I have no actual comment about today's reading. I probably will have little comments about this whole Book, but for different reason than the times in the past when i put "N/C". Before twas because most of those texts were self-explanatory. This one is, in my opinion, the most interpretive (is that a word?) text/book in the whole Bible. I think most of the Bible (like our Constitution) needs very little, if any, interpretation. That does not mean that there are not sometimes dual or triple meanings and "morals" to be gotten out of some texts. I will say I believe in the futuristic interpretation of this text. The best explanation(s) of how this book is interpreted are explained in the Intro. to this book.

Tomorrow is Rev. 4-8