Friday, January 22, 2010

John 11

Ok let me set the stage.....
I've been just really down this week. I've had a couple of things happen that I've had to deal with, but that's not really the reason. I don't know that there is a reason, just every once in a while I get into a funk for a few days (and, no it not related to my special friend that's a whole different more angry, down) and then I get out of it and I'm fine. Just been one of those.

I was up all night and finally fell asleep about 20 minutes before I was to wake up........thus causing me to snooze it out.

ALMOST had myself talked into sleeping through Bible Blog time........

I decide to get up with just enough time to read and perhaps blog and I read this.......

...."He said these things, and then added, Our friend Lazarus is at rest and is sleeping; but I am going there that I may awaken him out of his sleep."

"The disciples answered, Lord if he is sleeping he will recover."

"However, Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that he referred to falling into a refreshing and natural sleep."

"So then Jesus told them plainly, Lazarus is dead."

I laughed and laughed and laughed, a tear inducing, uncontrollable, feel it all over laughter. I feel so much better, twas what I needed.

I don't care who you are THAT exchange is funny. I can see the whole thing playing out in my mind like a movie and I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure Jesus rolled his eyes just a little when delivering that last line.....

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I don't know why that's funny. Otherwise, I have N/C.

Tomorrow is Luke 17:11-18:14