Tuesday, December 29, 2009

John 2-4

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the readings of the New Testament so far.

Jesus at the Temple

Changing water into wine (my personal favorite)
Being born again.
The woman at the well.
And I do think the old testament was all about avoiding non-Jews, we rarely heard about people converting. Yes, there were a few instances but for the most part is was about them separating themselves from people who were not Jewish, wasn't it?

Anyhoo I am in love with Chapter 3:17-21

1 comment:

Jamie said...

yeppers.

I think most of this is self-explanatory...emphasized by the lack of questions, but I just wanted to make a point about Jesus' anger at the temple. It's not a sin to get angry. It's what you do when you get angry that can cross that line. And, maybe, in some instance, the reason why. This story is a great example of that. God made us with emotions, and He doesn't expect us to be non-human. In fact, it's because He knows human nature so well, that He sent His son here that we might be saved (from the course we are already on...as it was noted in this reading).

Tomorrow is Matt. 8-9, Mark 2; John 5